July 30, 2016

Got rejected? time to stand up!

I believe everyone ever felt rejected in their life  failed to attend certain university, failed to pass exam, got rejected to join an organization, or simply got love rejected.

I know the feeling when you feel rejected and feel very disappointed because life goes with the thing that it should not be(according to your own thought). I do ever felt rejected in my life, even worse because in this year I felt rejected like a lot. I got rejected when I applied for both modern and traditional dance in my university, I also got rejected 5 or 6 times when I applied for MUN competition team, being part of a committee, scholarship, and even volunteer program. Yes it hurts when you got rejected like a lot, you must feel like you are the most stupid person in this world or feel like a loser. Those questions might circling around in your mind and you could not move on from that, especially if it is the thing that you really want most. Yes! I-know-the-feeling! Feel sad it's actually okay.. but if it takes so long it's really not healthy at all because your sadness will turned to be sort of depression. Do you know the effect of depression? lose weight, lose spirit, think of suicide, and many other things. scary huh?

Then.. what should we do when we felt rejected?

At first, it is fine to express your sadness like crying or be alone. But make sure to limit your sadness for certain period of times. 3 days or 1 week for instance. You are the one who know yourself very well so you must know which rejection should last for how long, make sure it is not that long.

Once you feel done with that, try to think about the rejection that you've got. Still sad it's okay, but this is the time for you to finally think and do self-introspection. Because in previous phase your brain and your heart are not balancing each other which make you could not think well.

What kind of self introspection do I have to take?
LEARN FROM MISTAKES!

Think of the reasons why you got rejected. Ask yourself!
Did I already put my best efforts?
Did I already do the thing that other winners do?
Did I do it well?

If you already find the answers, time for you to STAND UP and NEVER GIVE UP.
Imitate those winners strategy and use it in your next battle!
experience is the best teacher, so if you failed a lot in your previous battle. At least you know the field well in your next battle better than anyone. It's a good thing right?
Believe me, those who never give up will reward something unpredictable

Believe in yourself that you could do it, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment