July 16, 2016

Say no to Sexual Violence

Every 2 hours, 3 women experiences sexual violence in Indonesia  


Crazy huh? Seeing the urgency of this issue, I decided to be involved in fighting this sexual violence that currently happens in Indonesia. I found indorelawan.org website as a platform for those people who are interested in volunteering jobs. In there I found Lintas Indonesia Community who need volunteers to help them raise student awareness in junior high school and senior high school during orientation days.


Through this, I feel that I could give my real contribution to help my country and my surrounding to prevent sexual violence. Sounds cliche, but this is actually true. We always "pity" others for what have been done to them and frequently blame the government who cannot give protection to us. They actually did, but sexual violence is like a person in a rugby game  you are very prone and vulnerable to actually be hit by strangers or even your closest friends. Thus, the best person who could actually protect us is ourselves. Unfortunately, people do not realize this, that is why I really want to help in passing this info to those students through Lintas Indonesia.

Start to speak!
Wherever or whenever you witness sexual violence or even become the victim of that, this is the time for you to fight back! Fully erase common stereotype that says woman is weak and could easily be harassed, no we are not! Show them that we deserve to be respected, and those people do not have rights to do such things to us.

Therefore, I invite girls and women out there to be aware of your surrounding. See, Listen, and Speak wherever you witness/experience sexual violence.

Hereby I put this link for your self protection against sexual violence :D Read this, and Be safe!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxIrvFlx39VEWjdDcC1neENicGs/view

No comments:

Post a Comment